NCCASA and Reaching Your Goals, Inc. (RYGINC) are pleased to announce the 2013 Young Advocates Institute. This project will house, train, and bring together 200 teens aged 13-17 from across our state for a weekend of prevention education, leadership development, and skill building seminars. The Young Advocates Institute will be hosted at NC Central University in Durham from July 12-14.
For this event, NCCASA is looking for college students and/or young adults aged 18-24 to serve as counselors. This volunteer opportunity is eligible for college credit and up to 80 hours of community service.
- Monitor and ensure the safety of Institute participants.
- Positively support participants in keeping the institute’s agreements, follow rules and dress codes.
- Lead workshops or Institute activities, as planned with NCCASA’s staff.
- Assist with attendee’s participation in evaluations.
- Be a positive role model to youth.
- Maintain a positive and encouraging attitude for youth throughout the Institute.
- Pitch in however needed to have support the Institute to be a total success and life-changing experience for everyone involved.
- Capture their experience as Young Advocate Institute’s counselor through their desired creative outlet.
Anyone interested in being a counselor can fill out the online application here. Interested individuals also need to complete the counselor description and consent for background check forms, both of which can be downloaded below.
All forms must be completed by Friday, June 21. Please submit application materials to Tracy Wright at email@example.com. For further information, you can also contact Mrs. Wright via phone at (919) 871-1015.
The North Carolina Coalition Against Sexual Assault (NCCASA) is a nonprofit organization that serves as the sole expertise working to end sexual violence and human trafficking through education, advocacy and legislation.
Reaching Your Goals, Inc. is a nonprofit organization committed to supporting and providing services to rehabilitate current mental and behavioral health impairment.