The Absence of Human Trafficking in Our Society
To raise public awareness and to foster actions of prevention through collaboration to end human trafficking in all it’s forms.
Who We Are
A partnership of concerned citizens and organizations collectively directing their efforts to make a difference in ending human trafficking in our region, state and nation.
Trafficking of humans is a human rights violation.
Trafficking of humans is a public health issue.
The buying and selling of human beings is a crime and must be stopped!
The demand side of trafficking can be greatly diminished via public awareness.
Each of us can do something to stop human trafficking.
- Become informed on the issues and promising practices.
- Identify actions to stop human trafficking and communicate to organizations and concerned citizens to incorporate into their current activities.
- Create public awareness materials to share with others.
- Provide a framework to assist partners in raising public awareness and fostering actions of prevention to stop human trafficking.
- Communicate… Connect… Cooperate… Collaborate
Types of Activities
- Conduct public awareness events about the trafficking of human beings for all sectors of the community.
- Facilitate in-service training for professionals in multiple disciplines, such as education, faith-based, health, human services, justice, law enforcement, public officials.
- Raise public awareness about actions to reduce demand that fuels trafficking in all its forms.
- Reach out to youth through educational opportunities.
- Research, create, and distribute public awareness materials.
- Advocate for programs that prevent child abuse and neglect, both of which are believed to contribute to the vulnerability of trafficking.
- Advocate for policies promising to reduce demand.
- Advocate for legislation that will prevent trafficking, will offer protection to victims, and will accelerate prosecution of perpetrators.
- Maintain a resource library of human trafficking materials to share with partners.
Christian Action League
Cary Teen Council
Episcopal Women of NC Diocese
Edenton Street United Methodist Church
General Federation of Women’s Clubs – NC
Hayes Barton United Methodist Church
Hillyer Memorial Christian Church
Hope Community Church, Human Trafficking Group
International Justice Mission
Innocents at Risk
Justice Matters NC
Meredith College students
Methodist Home for Children
NC Coalition Against Human Trafficking
NC Coalition Against Sexual Assault
NC Council for Women
NC Women United
Producers of documentary, “Not Just Pictures”
Project NO REST
Salvation Army of Wake County
Soroptimist International of Raleigh, NC
Soroptimist International of Mid-Atlantic Online
Triangle J Council of Governments
Wake County Commissioners
Wake County Sheriff
Wake Area Health Education Center
Wake Young Women’s Leadership Academy
Woman’s Club of Raleigh
Multiple Businesses and Raleigh Merchants
How can you get involved?
Join us for a meeting: The first Wednesday of the month, from 2-4PM, at Hayes Barton United Methodist Church: Room 245, 2209 Fairview Road, Raleigh, NC, 27608
Mail us: PO Box 6403, Raleigh, NC 27628-6403
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a speaker: email@example.com
Get event updates and news alerts: Follow us on Twitter @pathncalert, and like us on Facebook!
Visit our website: http://www.pathnconline.wordpress.com (being updated)