The Absence of Human Trafficking in Our Society
To raise public awareness and to foster actions of prevention through collaboration to end human trafficking in all its forms.
Who We Are
Concerned organizations and citizens working together to raise public awareness and foster community actions to end human trafficking in North Carolina
Trafficking of humans is a human rights violation.
The buying and selling of human beings is a crime and must be stopped!
Trafficking of humans is a public health issue.
The demand side of trafficking can be greatly diminished via public awareness.
Each of us can do something to stop human trafficking.
- Communicate… Connect… Cooperate… Collaborate
- Partner with organizations and citizens that share the goal to stop human trafficking through awareness and action.
- Identify issues and initiate campaigns designed to address the issues.
- Identify actions all can take to stop human trafficking in their community and beyond.
- Provide a framework to raise public awareness and foster actions of prevention to stop human trafficking.
Types of Activities
- Conduct public awareness events about the trafficking of human beings for all sectors of the community.
- Facilitate in-service training for professionals in multiple disciplines, such as education, faith-based, health, human services, justice, law enforcement, public officials.
- Raise public awareness about actions to reduce demand that fuels trafficking in all its forms.
- Reach out to youth through educational opportunities.
- Research, create, and distribute public awareness materials.
- Advocate for programs that prevent child abuse and neglect, both of which are believed to contribute to the vulnerability of trafficking.
- Advocate for policies promising to reduce demand.
- Advocate for legislation that will prevent trafficking, will offer protection to victims, and will accelerate prosecution of perpetrators.
- Maintain a resource library of human trafficking materials to share with partners.
Christian Action League
International Justice Mission
Innocents at Risk
Justice Matters NC
NC Coalition Against Sexual Assault
NC Stop Modern Slavery
NC Women United
Pastors Against Trafficking
Salvation Army of Wake County
Soroptimist International of Raleigh, NC
Summit Church, Human Trafficking Group
Woman’s Club of Raleigh
Supporters of PATH NC
Hayes Barton United Methodist Church
Interact of Wake County
Producers of documentary, “Playground”
Trafficking Awareness Partnerships, Inc.
Triangle J Council of Governments
Wake Area Health Education Center
Wake County Sheriff
Wake County Commissioners
Multiple Raleigh Merchants
How can you get involved?
Join us for a meeting: The first Wednesday of the month, from 3-5PM, at Hayes Barton United Methodist Church: Room 320 (upstairs), 2209 Fairview Road, Raleigh, NC, 27608
Mail us: PO Box 6403, Raleigh, NC 27628-6403
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a speaker: email@example.com